"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery" - Francis Bacon



Freelance Makeup Artist shooting for the stars...

Sunday 25 August 2013

Gomez glamour...


Selena Gomez is super gorgeous as we all know, and she looks even more gorgeous in her latest music video "Come and get it". So much so, that I decided to go right ahead and "get it" (makeup look) for myself!

I started with MAC Studio Sculpt foundation after priming my skin and used MAC pro longwear concealer to highlight, blending in well. I set this with a pressed powder and then contoured with Nars "Laguna" bronzer. Selena is pretty bronzed in this so I used more than I would normally. I used MAC blush in "Harmony" and mineralize skin finish in "Soft & Gentle" on my cheekbones, down my nose and just above my brow bone in the middle. Using a large powder brush I blended this all well. For my brows, I used B. eyeshadow in "Cocoa".




Selena's eyes in this are very dark, smoky and dramatic. I used my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette for this, starting with "Tease" in the crease of my eye and just slightly downwards at the start of my brows, after lining all of my eye with MAC khol eyeliner pencil in "Smoulder". I used "Suspect" all over the lid to give the silver shimmer and then "Blackout" along the lash line, in the outer corner crease, winging out at the edge. I then blended this well with a fluffy blending brush, blending underneath the lower lash line also. To neaten up the winged edge, I used liquid liner and concealer. I used "Foxy" under the brow and in the very inner corner of the eye to highlight.

To finish off, I layered on Maybelline "The mega plush" volum' express mascara and added Katy Perry false lashes in "Cool kitty". For the lips, I used red liner and Bourjois "Rouge Edition" lipstick.

Not quite Selena, but I love this look for an uber glamorous night out!

Thanks for reading (:
JLM x













1 comment:

  1. Wow, your recreation of Selena Gomez's "Come and Get It" makeup look is stunning! The smokey eyes and bold lips truly capture her glamourous style. Your detailed explanation of each product and step makes it easy to follow along. It's inspiring to see how you've adapted her look for your own glamorous night out. Great job.

    ReplyDelete