"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery" - Francis Bacon



Freelance Makeup Artist shooting for the stars...

Monday 25 March 2013

50's Hollywood glamour...



I love anything to do with old Hollywood glamour and am mesmerised by the iconic actors and actresses of the 40’s and 50’s. I decided to recreate the high glamour of this era with the blood red lips, winged eyeliner and beauty spot. Dita von Teese is well known for channelling this beautiful look, so I used an image of her along with the iconic starlets to create this style of makeup.

                  

I started by using a very pale foundation and powder to set to lighten my skin tone and recreate that porcelain look. I contoured using a slightly darker powder and very light concealer to emphasise the cheekbones and give that elegant, defined shape. I then used a black liquid eyeliner to shape and fill my brows and create the stereotypical winged liner over the top of the eyelid. I used a soft rose blusher on the apples of my cheeks and used red Grimas face paint to get the iconic bright red lips. By using paint and a fine brush I was able to create the perfect shape, highlighting the cupids bow and giving a deep rich colour. I used the superfine brush to also add the beauty spot with black paint I then added some fine but long false eyelashes to complete the look and add extra glamour.




No comments:

Post a Comment