"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery" - Francis Bacon



Freelance Makeup Artist shooting for the stars...

Sunday 31 March 2013

I can do "normal" too sometimes | Weekend wear...


I've been spooking everyone out recently with my weird creations so I decided to do something a little more "generic" and write a quick post about my evening makeup from Friday night (yes, I do wear "normal" makeup too!) I tend to always do some form of smoky eye and because this was a friends birthday and we were heading out in über tanned, rhinestone sprinkled Essex, I paired some super dark eyes with some red lips. One of my biggest rules is to either go big on eyes OR on lips, never both, but for an ultra glam night out (particuarly in Essex!) I made an exception...

Currently I'm using L'oreal's new illuminating primer and Nars sheer glow foundation. I applied the primer before my foundation using a beauty blender which is my new favourite makeup bag addition! I have the Cosmopolitan one which you can pick up in Boots or Superdrug and I would strongly recommend picking one up. You can stipple your foundation on which means no brush strokes and it's great for covering blemishes gently and it just gives a flawless look.

I then apply some creamy concealer from Nars underneath my eyes and down the side of my nose to create a kind of triangle shape and blend this in. I cover any blemishes with this also and set it all with a loose powder. The concealer I have is quite light so acts a bit of a highlighter on the highest part of my cheeks under my eyes. To contour (add shape and definition) I use Laguna bronzer by Nars underneath my cheekbones from my ear to close to my mouth and around my hairline, down the sides of my nose and underneath my jawbone. I then add some sleek blusher to the apples of my cheeks and blend everything with a large soft brush (I love the Real Techniques large powder brush).

The base is now done so I then comb my brows and use a dark brown powder to define them, neatening and evening up both and giving a nice arched shape with a slanted liner brush. Using a small blender brush and some MAC concealer, I neaten up the edges of my brows and add more highlighting to underneath the arch.

I then move on to my eyes and cover the lids with a neutral natural eye shadow and then line my eyes with a black khol pencil. I take this right into the waterline and then blend. My favourite palettes at the moment are "Naked 2" by Urban Decay and Stila "In the light". Folding a cotton pad in half and placing underneath my lower lash (to prevent fall out), I dab on some Ebony from my Stila palette, right along the top and bottom lash lines. I make this slightly thicker on the outside corners of my eyes, taking it out to a wing and then into the crease of my eye about a third of the way along. I then take "busted" from the Naked 2 palette and blend the edges of the black, taking this over the entire lid up to the crease and also the outer bottom lash line. I take "gilded" from the Stila palette and dab it lightly onto the very centre of my lids to add a little gold shimmer and use "bootycall" from Naked 2 in the inner corners and under the arch of the brow. Taking a fluffy blender brush I blend all of this together.

I finish off my eyes with lots of L'oreal telescopic mascara in black, some black liquid liner to add extra definition on my lash line and some Katy Perry false lashes. To neaten up any edges, I use a cotton bud with some makeup remover and concealer on a brush as I did with the brows. To complete the look I used Revlon Colorburst lip gloss in "Fire" which gives a gorgeous rich colour and stays on without drying out your lips.

Now - back to the gruesome sadistic makeup...


No comments:

Post a Comment